Friday, January 15, 2016

Setting new creative directions for upcoming work.


I am starting to do initial idea sketches for my July solo-show. I would like to work with at least two parallel themes because there are a couple of long walls that my work will hang on. I want to work on a new body of work that builds on the foundation that I have already built.

I have been a bit random, or more precisely, my creations have been like a stream of consciousness as images go. I will do two or three pieces based on the wildlife I have shot photos of, then, wonder off and do a cityscape, landmark or a portrait. Adding to this, I have submitted to themed shows and completed commissions that lead me off into new explorations, and to be honest, down some rabbit trails. So my goal is to unify my subject matters and context so they show a common narrative and ancestry.

With all of this said; I don’t want this group of work to be so formulated that it becomes rote or mechanical. I want to still be able to surprise the viewer with style, humor and drama.



No comments:

Post a Comment